PRIDE Industries Brings Cost Savings to 34 Buildings
The Judicial Council of California (JCC) manages the largest court system in the country—serving about 12 percent of the total U.S. population, more than 40 million people.
The JCC originally selected PRIDE Industries to provide facility operations and maintenance services to all of its courthouses in Northern California. Using an inclusive workforce, PRIDE Industries delivered services so efficiently that the JCC expanded the contract to include its Southern California properties. This expanded contract covers 34 buildings, representing 2.7 million square feet.
In 2014, the Judicial Council of California (JCC) awarded PRIDE Industries its Northern California operations and maintenance contract. During the next five years, PRIDE Industries improved operational efficiency and reduced electricity consumption, saving the JCC more than $3M dollars. Based on this success, in 2020 the JCC expanded its contract with PRIDE Industries to include its Southern California operations, which more than doubled the number of buildings and the square footage under maintenance. In the first three quarters of 2023, the PRIDE Industries operations team worked on 90,000+ work orders, far exceeding the expected 60,000+ annual work order volume.
- Architectural Systems: Keep spaces, structures, and infrastructure in proper operating condition.
- Asset Management: Optimize operations and lower facility operating costs.
- Building Automation Systems: Provide optimal efficiency and peak performance for buildings.
- Electrical Systems: Ensure safety and facility compliance with current electrical code.
- Preventative Maintenance: Reduce premature asset breakdowns, keep employees safe, and save money.
- HVAC Systems: Extend system lifespans and maintain a healthy environment.
- Facility investments improved operational efficiency, resulting in a 40% savings of $562.5K
- Electricity consumption reduction of 40%, saving $375K per year
- Annual savings since 2014 of $937.5K per year, 18-month ROI
- Net savings (through 2019) of $3.2 million beyond the investment cost
Net savings (through 2019) beyond the investment cost
Improved operational efficiency resulting in savings of $562.5K