Under general supervision, the Job Coach provides employment support to employees with disabilities at PRIDE Industries’ customer sites. Employees in this job class assists employees in job development, attendance, communication, working with customers, getting along with supervisors, team leads, and co-workers; and performs their job to the best of their ability.
Chicago, Sacramento, San Diego, Northern California
- Monitors and teaches employees with disabilities, the skills to help them succeed in their job. Supports employees by answering their questions and providing direction during their work shifts.
- Assists employees with arrival and departure to work, transportation, and assistance with learning the protocol and rules for the work site.
- Coaches and trains employees in managing their attendance, schedule, performance, interactions, and personal behavior.
- Assists in maintaining case files that include case notes, incident reports, health and safety risk assessments, timecards, employee evaluations, performance summaries, wage evaluations, work assessments, and related daily paperwork as required by PRIDE Industries.
- Ensures that employees are working safely and maintain quality standards.
- Communicates with employees and supervisors to ensure that the employee and all relationships are successfully and positively maintained.
- Ensures correct procedures are followed when handling situations related to emotional, physical, or psychological breakdowns.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- One or more years of experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from the team and customers.
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English.
- Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team.
- Demonstrate customer service and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online. PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information (41 CFR 60-1.35(c))
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.