Casino Hits Jackpot when PRIDE Industries Outperforms Previous Provider
Thunder Valley Casino Resort is a AAA Four-Diamond premier destination resort in Lincoln, California. This world-class facility hosts a 17-story luxury hotel with 408 rooms and 46 suites, as well as a large banquet and entertainment hall, meeting rooms, bars, a pool, a full-service spa, and a gift shop.
As the region’s premier luxury hotel and casino, Thunder Valley hosts 3.1 million guests annually. With this high number of guests comes an equally high volume of laundry, and the resort was sending it to a cleaning facility 90 miles away in Napa. In 2019, Thunder Valley built an in-house facility to improve quality control and eliminate shipping time and costs. The next step was to hire a company that could reliably handle a high work volume and effectively supplement its workforce.
The new 6,000-square-foot in-house laundry facility would handle 1,000 pounds of laundry each hour, and the casino needed a reliable workforce. Thunder Valley turned to PRIDE Industries’ staffing services to hire multiple work teams of three people with developmental disabilities and one job coach, overall 30 employees, 23 with a disability, to staff its laundry facilities.
- In-house daily laundry services
- 30 employees, 23 with a disability
- >10K pounds of laundry cleaned per day
- 6K pounds volume increase over the previous service provider
- Reduced environmental footprint due to the elimination of shipping laundry offsite
- Skilled and reliable employees with low turnover
- An increased appreciation for a diverse and inclusive workforce