Under close supervision, the Grounds Maintenance Laborer maintains landscaped areas, roads, and parking lots of assigned facilities. Employees in this job work to assure grounds are maintained in safe and pristine condition. This job requires knowledge of landscaping practices, procedures, supplies, and equipment and the ability to perform landscaping job functions in a safe and timely manner.
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
- Mows lawns with walking types or riding mowers
- Uses string trimmer
- Uses a blower, manually picks up trash, leaves, and limbs, and provides a clean and neat appearance of the grounds
- Edges around walks, flower beds, buildings, and walls
- Monitors equipment used and reports any malfunction or other issues
- May be required to drive a company pick-up or small dump truck
- May complete basic paperwork and calculate materials and time
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- One year of work experience in grounds maintenance, or knowledge of grounds maintenance standards, techniques, and materials;
- Proper use of PPE;
- Ability to identify and work safely with appropriate manual and power tools, and mechanical and electrical equipment, to the task assigned;
- Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
- Ability to be flexible due to changes in schedule, work duration, and tasks;
- Communicate and work collaboratively and professionally on a team with various skill levels and of various ethnic, religious, cultural, and other backgrounds, and demonstrate good customer service skills.
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees for this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.