Ticket to Work
The Ticket to Work Program is a work incentive, developed by the Social Security Administration, to provide beneficiaries who are interested in working with resources to help them be successful.
Employment Networks are available to assist eligible beneficiaries, or Ticket Holders, by providing career counseling, job placement, and on-going employment supports. PRIDE Industries is unique in that we are not only an Employment Network, but also an employer whose mission is to create jobs for people with disabilities. We strive to offer employment within our organization to qualified Ticket Holders who live near enough to one of our work sites.
As an Employment Network, PRIDE's role is to help Ticket Holders reduce, and eventually eliminate, their dependence on their SSI or SSDI benefits. Based on the Timely Progress Guidelines set by the Social Security Administration, Ticket Holders should have an employment goal that will allow them to earn a minimum of $770 (2014) or more per month. Within a year, Ticket Holders should be earning above the Substantial Gainful Activity (SGA) amount, which for 2014 is $1,050 or more per month.
- Ticket holders must be currently receiving SSI or SSDI benefits
- Must be between the ages of 18-64
- Must have the desire and ability to work
Ticket Holders who choose to assign their Ticket to an Employment Network are eligible for special incentives that include:
- Waiver of Continuing Disability Reviews as long as the Ticket Holder is meeting the Timely Progress Guidelines.
- The opportunity to continue medical benefits for at least 93 months after cash benefits end
- Expedited Reinstatement of benefits if the Ticket Holder is no longer able to work due to their disability
Click here for answers to frequently asked questions about the Ticket to Work program.
As an Employer/Employment Network, PRIDE Industries' services are typically limited to Ticket Holders that PRIDE is able to offer employment opportunities to. These services include:
- Assistance with applications
- Placement with PRIDE Industries
- Job accommodations
- On-the-job training
- Information and referral services
- Follow-up support services for the duration of the employment relationship
PRIDE Industries currently has operations in the following states:
- Alabama - Fort Rucker
- Arkansas - Little Rock
- California - various areas served
- Florida - Cape Canaveral
- Hawaii - Kaneohe Bay
- Kentucky - Lexington area
- Louisiana - New Orleans, Fort Polk, and Fort Rucker
- Missouri - St. Louis
- Maryland - Annapolis
- New Jersey - Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst
- Ohio - Cincinnati
- Texas - Fort Bliss
- Virginia - Norfolk and Virginia Beach
- Washington, D.C.
If you live within any of the areas indicated and would like more information about what types of work might be available in your area, see our available openings here.
For additional information regarding PRIDE Industries' Employment Network, please contact our Ticket to Work Administrator at (877) 860-3011, or via email to: Michelle.McKnight@prideindustries.com
How can we help?
For more information about PRIDE Industries’ Ticket to Work program, call (877) 860-3011 to speak with a representative today or send us an email.
Need a better understanding of the program? Click here to view a helpful video.
View a list of PRIDE's own opportunity locations at the bottom of this page.