Under general supervision, employees in this job class operate heavy equipment such as power shovels, motor graders, heavy loaders, and bulldozers.
Fort Polk, Louisiana
- Operates heavy equipment used in excavation, backfilling, and loading operations used to excavate, load, or move dirt, gravel, or other materials. Equipment may include backhoe, large and small tractors, loader, trencher, grader blade, snow blade, dump truck, flatbed truck, pickup truck, tractor-trailer, hand, and portable electric tools.
- Operates a straight truck, over 4 tons, usually 10 wheels.
- Monitors and reviews equipment, structures, materials, events, and environment to detest and assess problems.
- Identifies the cause and evaluates results for the best solution.
- One year of work experience in roads and ground maintenance, or demonstrated ability to properly use heavy equipment, and knowledge of road maintenance.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or other special classification of operator’s license is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.