Under general supervision the Grill Cook prepares food and serves customers at the grill station in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by management to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Takes orders from customer and prepares items requiring short preparation. May complete orders from steam tables and serves customers at multiple stations.
- Serves customers in an efficient and friendly manner following established steps of service, meeting outlined standards, and ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all food items prepared.
- Use established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Carries pans, kettles, and trays of food to and from workstations, stove, and refrigerator in compliance with established safety standards.
- Properly stores foods in designated areas following standard wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all assigned work areas, equipment and utensils to ensure sanitation standards are met.
- Resolves customer concerns. Reports relevant information and concerns to supervisor.
- Attend in-service and/or safety meetings as required.
- Work effectively and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, customers, administrators, and Managers.
- Perform job safely while maintaining a clean and safe work environment and following correct procedures at all times.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Follow instructions using structured process and procedures.
Identify and work with appropriate tools/equipment.
Flexible with schedule changes, work duration, and task assignments.
Availability to work mornings, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Ability to work collaboratively with management, employees, customers, vendors and demonstrate good customer service.
Ability to work with and around electrical and mechanical equipment, sharp utensils, slick floors, hot steam and water.
Ability to comply with safety programs and practices.
Customer service skills that include greeting patrons in a courteous manner; provide professional responses to questions that relate to the operations of business; assist or direct customers to appropriate areas or personnel; help customers with special needs, etc.
High School Diploma or GED.
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements: Food Handler’s Permit.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
Maneuvering in and around the worksite.
Standing and walking.
Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping.
Grasping both small & large objects.
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
Most work is primarily performed indoors, in a cafeteria setting, with exposure to various background noises including equipment, customers, and others working.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.