PRIDE and Avanos
When Avanos needed contract electronics manufacturing, fulfillment, distribution and supply chain support for its Game Ready® GRPro® 2.1 portable therapy solution, the company turned to PRIDE Industries. Learn how the PRIDE solution not only secured the necessary medical certificate, but also increased quality, flexibility and cost savings for Avanos’ manufacturing needs.
PRIDE's on time delivery metrics
cost savings by partnering with PRIDE
jobs created for people with disabilities
Avanos, a medical device manufacturer that produces the Game Ready® 2.1 Injury Treatment System. This innovative offering uses cold and compression therapies to help athletes and others recover faster from injuries. Game Ready devices are widely used in collegiate and professional sports, including the NFL, NBA and MLS.
Avanos needed a partner to manufacture and manage all aspects of the supply chain for Game Ready® 2.1. The team wanted a cost-effective, flexible solution that could adjust and grow with increased product demand. Developing a true partnership—one that allowed the vendor and company to work seamlessly to anticipate and respond to fluctuating market demand—was vital.
The PRIDE Solution
Once on board, PRIDE Industries engaged all internal departments to participate in the start-up. The team obtained the ISO13485 medical certificate, a huge hurdle. Then PRIDE’s engineering team, in partnership with other internal support groups, developed a collaborative process to ensure on-time delivery and cost savings.
Central to the solution is a work cell located at PRIDE’s headquarters in Roseville, California. It operates daily with 22 dedicated employees to build Game Ready® 2.1 devices. Tracking software and weekly meetings enable the team to anticipate spikes or drops in orders to prepare materials and labor.
“PRIDE Industries has been a reliable business partner for Avanos for several years. The team at PRIDE remains in constant communication to ensure successful production of our Game Ready 2.1, and they consistently deliver quality results. We trust PRIDE Industries and we look forward to continuing to work with them as our business grows.”
- Terri Ross, Game Ready Supply Chain Manager
- Avanos has credited PRIDE for its flexibility, which is crucial for a product with volatile sales swings connected to sports seasons.
- PRIDE has optimized on-time delivery, increasing customer satisfaction.
- PRIDE and Avanos have built a strong partnership—one where they collaborate seamlessly to predict and adjust to market swings.
- Avanos is so pleased with the results that they recently awarded PRIDE a contract to manufacture their next-generation device.
- Through this project, PRIDE has created 22 jobs for people with disabilities.