Transition-age students adjusting to a work environment face unique challenges. Overcoming these challenges requires a coordinated effort between students, families, school systems, and vocational rehabilitation systems.
PRIDE Industries’ transition services focus on self-determination, employment preparation and job placement. We collaborate with youth, educators, parents and service providers through:
- Meetings with families, caregivers, schools, work sites, WorkAbility, Regional Centers and the Department of Rehabilitation.
- Attendance at Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Transition Plan (ITP) meetings when appropriate.
- Attendance at Transition events.
- PRIDE-sponsored Transition Advisory Board: community/parent semiannual advisory and planning meetings.
We offer a wide range of group and individual transition services that help people successfully enter the workplace, while focusing on their individual needs and interests.
PRIDE's Transition Services Include:
Individual Employment Services
- Job Development / Job Placement / Coaching
- External Situational Analysis (ESA)
- Job Exploration (JE)
- Personal Vocational Social Adjustment (PVSA)
Group Employment Services
- Personal development
- Safety awareness
- Job specific instruction
Community-Access Independent Living Services
- Instruction focused on social, recreation, independent living, advocacy and communication skills.
- Peer interaction
- Community Access
How can we help?
For more information about PRIDE Industries’ Northern California Individual Services for people with disabilities, please contact us at:
For more information on where PRIDE offers services for individuals visit our Locations page.
Prepare for the Future
Student-driven transition planning for people with disabilities which leads to high school graduation, vocational training and employment.