Data drives performance. It is a critical component of an effective asset control and preventative maintenance plan. Learn how PRIDE Industries partnered with Los Angeles Air Force Base to bring their system current resulting in increased visibility, accountability and cost savings.
Los Angeles Air Force Base (LAAFB) and Fort MacArthur
Integrated Facilities Services
The Los Angeles Air Force Base (LAAFB) in El Segundo, California houses and supports the Air Force Space Command's Space and Missile Systems Center headquarters. Fort MacArthur, located in San Pedro, California, serves as the residential community for LAAFB personnel and their families.
The U.S. Department of Defense needed a contractor to provide facilities maintenance for LAAFB and Fort MacArthur, covering a combined total of 1.3 million square feet. The LAAFB relies on a proprietary work information management system (IWIMS) to track and report performance metrics and scheduled maintenance. The prior facilities maintenance contractor had not used the system, which made it difficult for the base to report data to higher command. As there was no accurate historical workload or maintenance data available, PRIDE and the customer were challenged to create an accurate, activity-based cost analysis and work management plan.
In addition to providing facilities maintenance, PRIDE was required to reinventory and rebuild all maintenance actions in the IWIMS, reassess and inventory all base equipment, and create maintenance action sheets to populate the IWIMS functional database and processes.
The PRIDE Solution
- PRIDE Industries’ team worked with the customer to rejuvenate the IWIMS, using its capabilities to gather critical reports on hours worked, facilities serviced, and expenses.
- Working together, PRIDE and the customer created a project-completion timeline that took into account the critical nature of facilities and equipment.
- PRIDE provided a comprehensive project plan with management and performance benchmarks.
- The recurring maintenance information went from five years outdated to current and included equipment identified by serial number and manufacturer.
- A comprehensive, efficient maintenance schedule included work-order costs, now allows PRIDE and the customer to identify precise, real-time labor and material costs.
- The PRIDE Industries team, working with the base customer, met all established timelines and even pushed ahead of schedule on vital equipment areas.
- The customer can now present accurate reports of man-hours used, dollars spent, and time needed for each facility.
- Revitalizing the IWIMS ensures efficient, measurable use of taxpayer dollars and enables a comprehensive maintenance plan that extends facility life.